Indian Angel Networks (IAN) announced that it is closing an investmet in Gamiana, India's newest gaming company. IAN'S Chetan Shah will be on the board of Gamiana afte this deal.
IAN is investing under a million US dollars. This is the first investment in the gaming domain for IAN. (IAN typically exits between 24-36 months; exits also happen earlier at times; it is also determined by the initial round of funding.)
Vishal Golia, co-founder of Gamiana said, "The money will be spent on building the team and reaching out to more geographies." Gamiana is developing two games called Jamia and Vinashi. Jamia is a kids network game which is being premiered in Turkey. India launch is expected tobe by March.
Gamiana has 15 developers working on these games.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Launch of India’s first angel- backed start-up accelerator – VentureNursery
- Start up tax: Some interesting stuff you would want to read
- Startup tax in Budget 2012-13 raises concern
- 5 quick reads for you on Facebook IPO
- VC investment constituted 11% of all PE deals in 2011
- Freshdesk Integrates Twitter and FB with your helpdesk; Raises $One Million